Thursday, December 24, 2009

I never thought I'd say this but....

Where is the TRAFFIC??!
Where is the RAIN??!!
Hellooow, CHRISTMAS, you there??

So first, I'm still wearing t-shirts, and the sun is shining, and the sea is blue and the weather is beautiful, and as weird as it seems, I don't want it to be!!!

To me, Christmas = Rain, lights, traaaaaaffffiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccc forever, especially the last few days...My favorite Christmas memories involve waiting for hours in a traffic jam trying to get gifts to friends' houses, or getting to grandpa's house, or fighting with the whole family while Christmas shopping, and this year there's just nothing of that!
As Luke pointed out, something really weird is happening!
I was driving today from Hamra to Achrafieh, dreading in advance what I thought would take 3 hours to reach ABC, but to my surprise got there in 10 min, didn't even have to wait in line to get into the parking!!! It's busier than that on any given Sunday!!!
What happened to all the people who were there two days ago??
Did everyone just assume that everyone else would be there and decide to avoid the whole thing??
And yea, what's up radio stations!!! hellooooo, I know I hate Mariah Carey, but still Christmas is not Christmas until I hear that nasal pretentious voice telling me all it wants for Christmas is me.

Maybe I shouldn't complain. But really, with dry clothes, traffic-less streets and no rush, it really doesn't feel like Christmas this year!

So Santa, as weird as it might seem, all I want for Christmas this year, is RAIN. and PEOPLE. AND CHRISTMAS CAROLS. and to feel like its actually CHRISTMAS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment